QLD Domestic Violence - What to Do?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

benji240386

11 March 2015
Hi can anyone advise me on what to do in the event that the mother of my unborn child is abusive towards me and there is a history of domestic violence and abuse in her family

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Abuse and violence should be reported first to the police, if not only so there is record of it.

Since the child is not yet born, this matter is not a parenting matter, but a domestic violence matter. What you can do is apply for a domestic violence order against the mother. The police may do this on your behalf if they feel the circumstances are serious enough, however you can also apply for one of your own accord if you so choose.

For more information about domestic violence orders in Queensland, see here: Domestic and family violence - Queensland Courts
For information on how to apply for an order, see here: How to apply for a domestic violence order

benji240386

11 March 2015
I did the dv and assult related report the police unfortunately did not do anything in regards to the matter what legal rights do I have to find out if the child is even mine as I do have my doubts