QLD Does Disqualification of Drivers Licence Apply Interstate?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
7 September 2016
I was convicted in absentia for refusing to provide a breath test sample. This was around February of 2016. The judge handed down a 2-year disqualification, or the fitting of an alcohol interlock device for 12 months.

I'm moving to Melbourne soon and need to know if that drivers licence disqualification will apply interstate. However, my licence is a P2 licence from NSW. The offence occurred and the conviction was recorded in QLD.

Thanks

Ponala

10 February 2015
Depends whether QLD authorities notify NSW authorities that you're disqualified in QLD from having a licence and whether that disqualification to applies to your NSW licence.

S

Sophea

As you are aware the process is that when you move interstate you go to the VIC Roads office and change over or convert your QLD licence to a VIC one. However if your Qld driver licence is suspended or cancelled, or you are disqualified from driving you will not be able to get a Victorian equivalent, until this sanction has ended.