NSW Discounted Purchase Not Acknowledged - Australian Consumer Law?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Salanth

15 August 2017
I was just wondering where I stand on this matter:

I purchased an item off "Outback Equipment", an Australian Queensland based company online. The item was advertised at 90% off, bringing the total from $1249.00 to $119.99. The sale was successful and I have a copy of the receipt from the company and Paypal stating the purchase and payment was completed.

The next day they refunded me the total purchased price without my acknowledgement or even an explanation as to why they have done so. Am I correct in assuming that under Australian Consumer Law, once a sale is completed and payment is received that the sale must go through even if there is a human error on the sellers part?

Thank you

Geoff

19 June 2016
In their shipping info (if I have the right site) they have this

• "To protect Australian Consumers, our orders go through fraud checks. At times, we may not proceed with fulfilling the order and will contact you and provide a refund instead. Although rare, we reserve the right to cancel any order and provide a refund."
I don't know how legal though it may be.

Clancy

6 April 2016
In their shipping info (if I have the right site) they have this

• "To protect Australian Consumers, our orders go through fraud checks. At times, we may not proceed with fulfilling the order and will contact you and provide a refund instead. Although rare, we reserve the right to cancel any order and provide a refund."
I don't know how legal though it may be.

They appear to be claiming the right to cancel an order based on a fraud check? In which case, ask them what was the fraud?