- Australia's #1 Legal Community is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

WA Debt - Have Court Judgement Removed?

Discussion in 'Debt and Bankruptcy Law Forum' started by ELJ, 3 October 2016.

Find a Lawyer Form
Find a Lawyer Form
Find a Lawyer Form
  1. ELJ

    ELJ Active Member

    5 November 2015
    Likes Received:
    I have a court judgement on my credit report from 2014. The amount was a claim made by my ex to pay for half our divorce fees totalling $556. This was paid in full in 2014 but being young and dumb, I didn't research what I was signing and now have this black mark against my name until 2019 (5 years)

    I was told if my ex signed Consent Orders confirming the receipt of payment it can be finalised in the courts. I contacted him to request he sign the Consent Orders.

    He clearly stated in email that the payment was received. He considers the debt paid in full and the matter closed, however, refuses to sign the Consent Orders in what I assume is an effort to make me suffer as he is now bankrupt and bitter.

    Where can I go from here?

Share This Page