WA Debt - Have Court Judgement Removed?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

ELJ

5 November 2015
I have a court judgement on my credit report from 2014. The amount was a claim made by my ex to pay for half our divorce fees totalling $556. This was paid in full in 2014 but being young and dumb, I didn't research what I was signing and now have this black mark against my name until 2019 (5 years)

I was told if my ex signed Consent Orders confirming the receipt of payment it can be finalised in the courts. I contacted him to request he sign the Consent Orders.

He clearly stated in email that the payment was received. He considers the debt paid in full and the matter closed, however, refuses to sign the Consent Orders in what I assume is an effort to make me suffer as he is now bankrupt and bitter.

Where can I go from here?

Victoria S

9 April 2014
You may wish to contact the credit reporting agencies directly and advise them of the circumstances. They may offer an alternative way to prove that the matter is resolved and no adverse judgement was made against you. They ultimately have control over the credit information stored, not the courts.