NSW Debt Colletion

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Sanjaya Shrestha

7 November 2018
I have an ongoing court case against a person who does not have a fixed asset. The partner had property but which was recently sold during the court case proceeding.

I would like to seek help if I would be able to recover judgment debt after the court hearing.
so as to make a decision if it is worth continuing the court case by retaining costly legal representatives.

Docupedia

7 October 2020
Whether you will be able to recover anything is entirely dependent on what the person has - so no way it can be answered here. However, what a judgement does for you is give you more time to recover what’s owed and without having to prove whether it is owed or not. They may not have assets now, but if they do within the time that judgement is enforceable, then you can take action.

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
What you are asking is whether or not you can get your hands on the proceeds of the sale?
That depends on many, many variables, about which we know nothing (no, don't tell us).
Not least of these is that you'll need to prove the debt first.

You won't find your answer here. Book yourself an appointment with a general practice lawyer in your local area.