VIC Custody of Children - Do I Need to Disclose Whereabouts of Children?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

MLK351

24 September 2015
Can someone please tell me if I need to disclose to my ex partner at all times where my children are when I have custody of children?

Thanking you in advance.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
It's expected that the other parent know your address, phone number and other contact details, but they don't need to know your itinerary when the child is in your care unless you agree to tell them. Where the child goes, who with and what for is a day-to-decision to be made the parent caring for the child at that time, and therefore does not require consultation with the other parent.

MLK351

24 September 2015
Thank you for that, she knows all of my facts, phone numbers and addresses just she wanted to know my itinerary for the weekend and what I was doing, just wanted to make sure it was not a legal requirement I had to tell her. Although she has threatened to stop the children from coming on the weekend.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Yes, they will do that, but rest assured it's not a legal requirement. In our case, the child's holiday time with her father was refused because we wouldn't give an itinerary, and in court the next week, she was given a very firm dressing down by the judge, who said quote unquote: "It's absolutely none of your business".