QLD Where to Find Samples of 50-50 Custody of Children Orders?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Adam2100

3 November 2015
Hi,

Where could I find examples for 50/50 custody of children orders, e.g. 2-2-3?

Thank you in advance.

MartyK

4 June 2016
Are you currently in negotiations?

If you are not looking at a week about arrangement, then perhaps you could centre your ideas about the 'make up' of the 50-50 around what you view to be the most appropriate for the children and circumstances?

AllForHer

23 July 2014
There's not really a go-to place for examples of care arrangements, but we can probably provide some examples here with a bit more information.

Are you looking for an example of how to word the orders, or more just guidance on what 50/50 arrangements work? How old is the child?

Adam2100

3 November 2015
Yes, I am looking for examples of how to word the orders. The child is 4.5 years old. I have the child in week one 5 days and in week two 4 days. Overnights happen in week one 2 times and week two 1 time.

sammy01

27 September 2015
These are court cases, so they are court orders. But they will give you a bit of a rundown of what these things should look like.

This one is a good start:
Woodbine & Woodbine [2010] FamCA 339 (23 April 2010)

Here is a list of lots of them. I did a search for cases based on 'shared care' some will be more relevant than others:
AustLII Results - shared care

Write them yourself - paste them here with names removed and you'll get some feedback. There are lots of things to consider. So for example, do you want something like:

"In the event that either parent is unable to supervise the child(ren), they must contact the other parent and offer them the opportunity to supervise the child(ren) before seeking assistance from another person..."

What about special occasions / holidays / birthdays / Christmas etc etc?

Here is another one that you can kind of use to get your head around the way they are meant to be worded:

Backford & Herzberg [2013] FamCA 779 (10 September 2013)

MartyK

4 June 2016
I'm going to apologise in advance of any 'auto correct' errors. It's driving me insane when I look back on my posts and cannot go back into them to edit to correct my spelling mistakes.

Anyway, so yes, looking at some Court orders to give you an idea of how they are worded and also some of the ancillary orders is a good idea.

I just have a couple of questions for you.

Do you already have court orders in relation to the current arrangements?

You have a significant number of 'daytime' care over the 2 week cycle at present. How do you want these days to progress to overnights? Are you looking to just extend the same days to include overnights leading to a 9-5 arrangement in your favour?

As well as the time arrangements, you should seek an order for equal shared parental responsibility.