WA Consent Orders - Legal help when acting in person

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Iain Clark

8 September 2014
I've got Consent Orders in place regarding the children which I'd like to amend to reflect 50/50 custody of children as opposed to alternate weekends. I've spent 3.5 years dealing with my problematic ex through Solicitors and I'm now at a point where I'm acting in person due to spiralling debt. I'd like to initiate a Form 1 to seek a Variation to Consent Orders but I'd like someone in the legal profession to look over what I've written to advise and comment. I'm also not sure if I need to submit a Case Information Affidavit as part of my Form 1 application? I've rung legal aid WA but because I have an income of $100 000 they won't give me the time of day. Does anyone know where I can get free legal input and perhaps someone to look over what I've done and advise further?

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
Under the terms of the Community Guidelines,
the lawyers here are not permitted to provide client specific legal advice.
That's why so many of us have disclaimers to that effect in our signatures.
And, what you are looking for is, without question, legal advice.

And, with all due courtesy, may I suggest that if your income
is in the vicinity of one hundred thousand dollars a year,
then you are probably not in the kind of hardship
in response to which I would waive my fees.

Iain Clark

8 September 2014
I've got Consent Orders in place regarding the children which I'd like to amend to reflect 50/50 custody as opposed to alternate weekends. I've spent 3.5 years dealing with my problematic ex through Solicitors and I'm now at a point where I'm acting in person due to spiralling debt. I'd like to initiate a Form 1 to seek a Variation to Consent Orders but I'd like someone in the legal profession to look over what I've written to advise and comment. I'm also not sure if I need to submit a Case Information Affidavit as part of my Form 1 application? I've rung legal aid WA but because I have an income of $100 000 they won't give me the time of day. Does anyone know where I can get free legal input and perhaps someone to look over what I've done and advise further?

No worries Tim. I understand what on the surface would be an obvious conclusion to draw. Thanks for your thoughts anyway.