WA Cleaning business cost us more by not completing what we paid for

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

PosComs

25 March 2021
Perth, WA
We paid for a vacate clean and carpet clean for a 2 bed unit, indepth discussion for his 40 years of experience and capability as I was not able to view the final inspection, all his reviews checked out and were quite extensive, he had signed up with an online platform to advertise and I thought monitored the business and customers experience. So upon finally able to get to the unit 2 days later for last inspection, he'd basically steam cleaned 1 room and lounge / dining area completely forgot about cleaning or carpets in 1 bedroom, did the showers (2 bathrooms) but not the toilets and walls/skirting, fridge or oven - all this was explained over the phone and he said hey I got 40 yrs experience I know what vacate clean means. He also sent an invoice/receipt with description of vacate / steam clean completed. Now the real estate has got another cleaner in costing 400 more dollars and are taking it out of our bond. We did the right thing and unfortunately got a dodgy cleaner, now the real estate wants to rip us off also - if someone knows the answers to my questions - thank you in advance:
1, how do I report the cleaner
2. how long do I have to report him as it's been a month due to real estate
3. can we tell the real estate we want 3 quotes before they can just pick anyone
4. are we supposed to sign off on the bond paperwork, we have not received any bond paperwork?
5.is a verbal agreement along with receipt still arguable in court?

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
Consider bringing two separate consumer complaints - one against the cleaner, and one against the agent.
In any event, run one against the cleaner.
All you want is the cash lost from your bond.