WA Missed court appearance re rental arrears due to not receiving court paperworks

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

PosComs

25 March 2021
Perth, WA
Apparently we missed a court appearance as we never received paperwork as we have moved interstate.
We owe under 4000 in arrears have been paying 50 per week due to financial and work situation, what is the worst case scenario if we don't contact and just continue to pay the amount we orginally agreed on...apparently the landlord represented by a real estate is demanding the full amount paid which is impossible and this was explained to the real estate, I don't think the landlord has been too informed on the professional conduct of the real estate either which led to us being in this situation. We signed a lease on 14.3.21 and harrassed everyday to resign, we were hoping to return to QLD back then this failed so eventually we signed but then 2 weeks later after Covid tenant monetorium ended we were given the see ya later Evicted due to no reason as per email sent but it took another 2 months before we could find a place and save the money so basically the money in arrears helped up move and save for bond and 2 weeks rent and we've even given them the bond to pay for misc things - we rented a self contained place so this was to help replace towels that we'd used for the last 2 years, the missing cushion cover or pillow case , the missing fork and strainer, we got the carpet and cleaner in to do full vacate which is displayed on the invoice and they took another 4 - 5 weeks to send us arrears bill which included 2 weeks extra so of course we have then gotten an bad attitude towards the real estate and went to mediation I asked to pay into the landlords account instead but this wasn' t accepted so I did stop paying well then life happened and had to race back in between covid lockdowns etc anyway how do I make arrangements with court as its obviously too late?