- Australia's #1 Legal Community is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

VIC Change from Receiving Wages to Contract Rate - Legal?

Discussion in 'Employment Law Forum' started by Darrell70, 9 January 2017.

  1. Darrell70

    Darrell70 Member

    9 January 2017
    Likes Received:
    I'm currently employed in local government and I'm wanting to change from wages to a contract rate. I want to know if this is legal under Employment Law and what conditions might apply.

    I already have manager's approval in principle, however, I will need to have CEO's approval to change.
  2. Rod

    Rod Well-Known Member

    27 May 2014
    Likes Received:
    For something this specific it would be best to see a lawyer.

    A lawyer will look at existing conditions, the new proposed conditions and contract rate and give you advice. There are issues around leave, superannuation etc that all need looking at.
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Darrell70 likes this.

Share This Page