VIC Caught Shoplifting from Chemist Warehouse

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

alice robert

26 August 2023
I got caught shoplifting in a Chemist Warehouse store in Victoria. But I really didn't mean it today, when I was holding a shopping bag in my hand, I put the health care products into my pocket, and forgot to take it out when I went out to check out,I just paid for what I had in my hand. The security guards stopped me and opened my pocket and said I was stealing. I realised I had forgotten what was in my pockets and apologised to them and said I would pay the bill right away,But they still didn't agree with me and called in the surveillance and accused me of stealing, even though I had already paid for what I had forgotten. Finally, the security guard banned me from the chemist warehouse for two years, and they didn't ask me to sign anything, nor did they take pictures, nor did they take away my id, but they did record my license plate,Can they record my license plate and report it to the police or paste it in front of the store?

jac012

7 February 2024
hey Alice, curious about the results, have you received any fine? Has it been recorded in the crime history?