NSW Car insurance cancelation

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

LeoKay

9 June 2017
My wife had a compregancive car insurance with budget direct after she logged the clime they rejected clime ad cancel policy with the reason that she did not disclose the number of the previous climes with previous insurer.when she was getting the policipy on the question did you had a previous. Climes she answer "yes" and nobody asked her how many climes she had. Now we need to get another policy and disclose that the she had policy cancalation and clime rejection ? Could we find the insurance company which will do it?

Lance

31 October 2015
Hi Leo,
It's not uncommon for an insurer to look for a way to not pay out on a claim. I find it difficult to understand why they would claim your wife has provided misleading or false information unless they have evidence to support the claim. Are you sure your wife didn't write the wrong thing on the claim document? If you believe you haven't provided false information I would speak with a lawyer to see if they can address the situation with budget direct.

LeoKay

9 June 2017
Hi Lance
Thanks for your reply.
Insurer cancelled the policy based on the amount of claims made in the last 5 years, regardless of who was at fault.

Serge Gorval

LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
2 November 2015
Sydney
lawtap.com
Hi LeoKay

Budget are notorious for denying claims at first instance until you challenge them. I recently had a client who had her policy denied ( total loss btw) because she did not disclose a loss of license when she was on her P plates ( subsequently it got appealed and the appeal was upheld). after several letters they accepted the claim.

you have a good claim here and you shouldn't just let it go as they have a hard claim to deny in your case.

feel free to get in touch for a free consultation.