VIC Car Accident - How to Charge an Unlicenced Driver?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Kathleen75

15 July 2015
Recently my 13 year old son was put into a car with an Unlicenced Driver (driving without a drivers licence) that crashed into a tree, it was horrible. How can I charge her with putting my son's life in danger? This car accident has caused my son a lot of distress ..

AnnaLJ

16 July 2014
Hi Kathleen

Have you reported this incident to the police? From what you've described, this sounds like a crime and thus the police are the correct people to be dealing with this.

Kathleen75

15 July 2015
Yes it was reported to police and the police attended the scene of the accident on that day.. They are yet to come and get statement from my son.. This Accident has had a huge impact on my son he has nightmares his becoming clingy to myself a lot more than usual. On the day he was involved in the Car a Accident my son was the only one wearing a seatbelt, his friend of same age (13) was unfortunatly not wearing at seatbelt in front pass seat and when car hit tree he was thrown into the dashboard breaking his jaw and shoulder. The 26 year old was found to be unlicenced and left the boys at the scene of crash.. Surely I can have her charged for Putting My Sons 'Life' in Danger ??