NSW Car Accident - Contributory Negligence Case?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Clancy

6 April 2016
Hi, sorry no lawyer answered.

Just check your video carefully and see which vehicle started moving into the lane first. You may have a give way sign against you, but once you have already given way and it is clear to move and you start moving, then AFTER you started moving the other car changed lanes and hit you, THEN they are 100% in the wrong.

Even if the other car did start changing lanes first, if they did not indicate sufficiently, then how will you know they intended to change lanes and hence you should give way?

Personally, as an experienced driver, i don't rely on indicators, i rely on the 'body language' of other vehicles, somehow, with experience, i have come to know what people are going to do before they do it, but there are always unpredictable drivers too... I may not be able to predict what they will specifically do, but I can definately sense their brain has fallen out, and i try to get away from them.... hate to say it, but those brainless ones are more often either old people, or tradesman's vehicles - most unpredictable drivers of all time these two.