VIC Can I do anything legally?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
5 August 2017
I obtained a PSO against Mr. A. Mr. A breached the PSO that I hold against him (he approached me out front of the court house when I appeared on another matter, he didn't have any matters with the court that day) he was charged, however the matter was dropped citing lack of evidence? There are several issues that I have with the case, the main one being that I was effectively silenced, however it is irrelevant to my question. (just background info)

My PSO was due to expire so I applied for an extension, it went to court, Mr. A wasn't in attendance but I was granted a four year extension.

The day Mr. A. was served, he applied for a re-hearing. His reason for re-hearing application was due to him having work commitments on the day the extension was granted. The rest of his reasoning, in my opinion, was slanderous and totally false. Considering he had to swear an affirmation/oath on application, would this be considered as perjurious?

The day of the re-hearing Mr A didn't appear in court, he emailed the court to advise he was overseas on family holiday. The matter was struck out. I feel on this occasion he used the legal process to harass me. Vexatious litigant?

What can I/should I do? if anything....

Tony Danos

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
29 November 2016
Victoria
lawtap.com
I obtained a PSO against Mr. A. Mr. A breached the PSO that I hold against him (he approached me out front of the court house when I appeared on another matter, he didn't have any matters with the court that day) he was charged, however the matter was dropped citing lack of evidence? There are several issues that I have with the case, the main one being that I was effectively silenced, however it is irrelevant to my question. (just background info)

My PSO was due to expire so I applied for an extension, it went to court, Mr. A wasn't in attendance but I was granted a four year extension.

The day Mr. A. was served, he applied for a re-hearing. His reason for re-hearing application was due to him having work commitments on the day the extension was granted. The rest of his reasoning, in my opinion, was slanderous and totally false. Considering he had to swear an affirmation/oath on application, would this be considered as perjurious?

The day of the re-hearing Mr A didn't appear in court, he emailed the court to advise he was overseas on family holiday. The matter was struck out. I feel on this occasion he used the legal process to harass me. Vexatious litigant?

What can I/should I do? if anything....
The bottom line is there is not much you can do. As you now have your PSO then hope there are no breaches.

Reactions: Bronwyn Taylor