VIC Directions Hearing Stage

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Kikenit

30 March 2021
Melbourne
Hi All, here looking for advise on what to do

Im contesting an extension to an intervention order made against me from my sister, there is an interim order already in place, while court process is happening.
At the last hearing the magistrate asked the applicants private lawyer to send me a summary of the allegations and reason for her application.
Her lawyer was 2 months late delivering it, i had to message him to get it. And it was just an unsigned thrown together word document.
The allegations on it are also nonsense, some are serious but still not true as i have not seen or spoken to my sister in 10+ years.

Relating to the initial order made, i was investigated by the police, the interview lasted around an hour, and no charges came from that. I also received a "Dear Mr" letter saying no further action would be taken.
In regards to the first order, I accepted it without admission as i didn't want to spend a day driving into the city and home over however many days fighting it, even the duty lawyer offered support in contesting it but i declined.
Also the first application was handled by the police, the police where also on the application for the extension but they never appeared at court, and it appears sister now has a private lawyer.

So next hearing is a directions hearing, all i have to submit is the letter from the police, do i just bring that to court, does in need to be filed/lodged in a special way and should i write up and get an affidavit denying her allegations? And is there a special way to file that. Im not sure whether i can just turn up to court with them and just hand them in during the hearing.

Also the reason im contesting this time is that im worried my sister will keep applying for extensions every year, even though as i said there's been no contact from me in 10+ years. Im guessing she now also has my home address whereas before i don't believe she did. So now she can stalk/harass me if she likes.

Any advise appreciated.

edit:spelling fixes