Buying a Relocatable Home with Lease Problem

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Marg

15 June 2014
I agreed to buy a relocatable home in a park.the owner inferred that a lease was available for the home. I gave him a bank cheque. The manager of the park said I could only have the lease for a week as the site would no longer be available. The owner is now saying he never inferred a lease was availed. I stopped the bank cheque and now he wants to sue.

rebeccag

8 April 2014
G'day Marg,
What do you have in writing? When you say it was 'inferred' that a lease was available - was that made a condition of your agreement to purchase?
Which state or territory are you in?

Marg

15 June 2014
Hi Rebecca - I am in Queensland. There was no condition of sale by me. The first piece of paper states that is situated on a site. He then gave me another paper saying my park fees would commence when he notified the Park manager.. The bill of sale states that the power will require park manager to connect and that I will have to have the gas connected.the final payment stated purchase price for home stilted at.

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
Reactions: rebeccag and John R

rebeccag

8 April 2014
Agree with Tim. Let us know how you go Marg.