- Australia's #1 Legal Community is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

VIC Australian Law - Unable to Remember Damaging Property - What to Do?

Discussion in 'Other/General Law Forum' started by Sclarke, 31 January 2016.

  1. Sclarke

    Sclarke Member

    31 January 2016
    Likes Received:
    I was at a work Christmas party and I was extremely intoxicated. Apparently, I damaged a car but I cannot remember any of it.

    I was given a quote of 13000 to fix it and that the person who owns the car wants 450 a week, which is way out of my budget and I cannot afford that much.

    Is there any way to fix this issue under Australian Law?
  2. JS79

    JS79 Well-Known Member

    2 October 2015
    Likes Received:
    Ask them to provide evidence that it was you. i would not even look at paying it til that happened. Then I would let them take me to the magistrates court - put your side across and get the magistrate to determine if they have enough evidence to make you pay.

Share This Page