WA Are individual components of a TMd logo also TMd? & Color & Font

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Bobby Law

16 May 2021
Let's say I TM my pretend business logo which is made of the business name and tag line: Blowupety Balloons, they won't go down.

The logo has been designed by a graphic designer so, it's not just plain text, it's a Bubbly font and in color and it incorporates an image of a round balloon on a string.

Can I then take a single component of the logo i.e. just the tagline, just the Balloon on the string or just the word Blowupety, put them on a t shirt or packaging and it they would be TMd? Or would I have to register the logo, register the tag line, register the balloon image and register the word Blowupety separately?

Also, please... given the logo has been graphically designed in an uncommon (but clearly legible) font and is in color, is it the visual aspect that is TMd? When lodging would I lodge the text written in e.g. Times New Roman, as above but also lodge an image in Black & White (I think I understand B/W means I'm covered for all colors)? Or just lodge the image and I'm covered?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

P.s. feel free to use the word Blowupety.