QLD Appeal Disqualification of Learners Licence QLD Under Traffic Law?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

thomas92

11 September 2015
Hi, I was disqualified in 2013 on my Learners Licence QLD, and the magistrate imposed a 2 year disqualification. I was picked up last year in July coming home from the gym (stupid I know), and the judge then added another 2 years, and me and my partner have recently had our second child so she can't work and it's left to me and I really need my licence.

Is there anyway I can appeal this under Traffic Law, please?

S

Sophea

Hi Thomas92,

In limited circumstances you can apply to the court for a "special hardship order" which enables you to drive continue driving during a suspension period under certain conditions. An application must be made within 21 days of the start of the suspension period and you will need to provide evidence to prove the grounds on which you are claiming hardship and pay an application fee.

The grounds on which you can apply for this order are:
  • losing your licence will result in extreme hardship to you or your family by depriving you of the means of earning a living, or
  • losing your licence will cause you or your family severe or unusual hardship
If you have had your licence disqualified or suspended by a court in the last five years you are generally not eligible to apply for a special hardship order. However there are some exceptions and you should get advice from a lawyer about whether the type of suspension of the licence you had prevents you from applying.