QLD Drivers Licence Suspension in SA - Drive in Other States?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Germaine

4 January 2016
Hi. I received a 3-month drivers licence suspension in South Australia and am wondering whether I can drive in other states under Traffic Law? I already have a QLD drivers licence as the disqualification was received after I applied and obtained a QLD Drivers Licence. I would like to travel for work.

Thank you

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Continue to drive while you have a valid driving licence.

Until QLD notifies you that your QLD licence has been suspended you should be OK to drive. Recommend you make an 'anonymous' call to QLD Department of Transport and Main Roads and ask them to confirm this suggestion.

Germaine

4 January 2016
Continue to drive while you have a valid driving licence.

Until QLD notifies you that your QLD licence has been suspended you should be OK to drive. Recommend you make an 'anonymous' call to QLD Department of Transport and Main Roads and ask them to confirm this suggestion.
Thank you! That's what I was told but wanted to make sure. I have tried to call them but was on hold for a long time but will try again and ask the question. Thanks alot for answering