America injured by Australian product- what recourse do I have?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

NMM

20 January 2020
I purchased a hair removal product from a Australian company online. I read as much as I could about the product on their website and the reviews as well as the operating instructions. I followed the instructions exactly and ended up being burned all over my leg and stomach where I used the product. No where in the website did it say this was even a possibility. The only risk I thought I was taking was the product not working and not resulting in eliminating the hair on my body. I had no idea I was risking literally being scared for life. I contacted the company after and they refunded my money but I’m left with about 75 or more scars on my legs and stomach from this product. They continue to operate clearly deleting negative reviews because if you google their name and “burns” there are so many people who have suffered burns and permanent scaring from this while they use social media influencers to promote their products and make millions of dollars and it seems incredibly irresponsible that they do not indicate you could possibly be severely burned by using this product in their website or in the instructions included with the product. Since I am American I don’t know how to navigate taking legal recourse against them. Does anyone have any resources they could share? I would attach pictures but I’m not sure how - I do have pictures of immediately after using the product and pictures as the redness turned to welts, scanned and now scared.

NMM

20 January 2020
I do intend to report them to prevent them from endangering other people and profiting off of a product that they are not representing properly but I am also interest in my personal recourse. I know Australia has ACL to protect people but it is my understanding that Austria does not allow for punitive or exemplary damages. While I was not out of work because of these injuries I will most likely have to live with scars on my body for the rest of my life because of their negligence