- Australia's #1 Legal Community is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

Amend Response to Family Law Initiating Application?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by Marilynro, 6 July 2015.

Find a Lawyer Form
Find a Lawyer Form
Find a Lawyer Form
  1. Marilynro

    Marilynro Member

    6 July 2015
    Likes Received:
    My son has responded to an Initiating Application ( Family Law). However, he now needs to amend this response before the court case in two weeks. He is acting for himself.
    What form or how does he do this please?
  2. AllForHer

    AllForHer Well-Known Member

    23 July 2014
    Likes Received:
    Call the family court registry to double check, but he can file an amended response. It uses the same response form, but you write 'amended' on the top. When he changes the orders he's seeking, make sure he crosses out the orders in the original application and then writes the new orders sought with underlining. Remember, affidavits can't be changed. If he wishes to submit additional evidence, he can file a supplementary affidavit.

Share This Page