LawAnswers.com.au - Australia's #1 Legal Community

LawAnswers.com.au is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

WA Accident at Work - Am I Entitled to Workers Compensation?

Discussion in 'Personal Injury Law Forum' started by Melrose, 15 March 2016.

1. Melrose

Melrose Active Member

I had an accident at work. There wasn't really any negligence by the employer. I was with a difficult student and I overbalanced onto my hip and knee 8 months ago and am still in pain. The insurance company accepted the personal injury claim and now I have received a Common Law letter about a termination date.

I have decided I want to try to get workers compensation as I am no better than I was prior to the fall. I have followed all medical instructions which includes doing more exercise which I do, but not without being in pain and cannot sleep (perhaps 3 hours night). It affects my work and lifestyle.

The medication has made me dizzy, given me blurred vision and loss of balance. I am, therefore, on Tamaze and Codeine just to try to help me sleep but these are addictive. The legal company I spoke to says I cannot get compensation if it is not negligence by the employer!

It was an accident at work. Am I entitled to compensation?

2. Tim W

Tim W Lawyer

Ask second lawyer what they think.

3. Lillady

Lillady Member

Not sure if this helps.

I gained carpal tunnel at work and was accepted by workcover. They are supposed to support you until full recovery no matter how long, as far as I know.

Also have you looked into what's covered in your super? Or is that the insurance you are talking about?