WA Taking A new job while on workers compensation

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Adder5

7 October 2021
Hi
I work Fifo for a contract company to FMG
In march I fell from a truck and fractured both Scapula's and 3 compression fractures of the spine, I have now returned to work cleared to drive truck and tele handler but I am limited to lifting weights under 10kg.
I still get a lot of pain in my back and my left arm which also had damage to the joint. As I spent so much time off work, I tolerate the pain and excepted going back to work due to my mental state of being stuck at home for so long.
At 53 I believe that I will have to except this pain moving forward, as I don't believe it will fully heel. insurance (Allianz) company has brought company Recovre on board to manage me and Agility for exercise physiology.

My question is, I have the opportunity to go back to my old job, worth $17.00 more an hour and working in the city 8 hour day, I am worried about what effect this will have on my workers compensation. I think physically this will be a lot better for me pain wise, although I would need to take regular breaks from sitting at a desk.

How will doing this effect me in the future with workers comp