WA a false google my business review

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

roland

15 December 2016
i am a semi retired person in the computer repair business

I have a great, flawless reputation with 100% 5 star reviews going back over a very long time

i had someone show up at end of day on a weekend asking me to fit a battery they provided. I said ok. They did not bring a power cord because i had no need to start up the machine. I dont know why they didnt install the battery themselves but then I seen quite a bit of damage underneath for their attempts to open the back slide off panel. They didnt see the screws.

the new battery didnt work. I asked how long they have had this laptop and told they just bought it off gumtree today. I asked for the power cord. The young couple went off together to get it. When plugged in the laptop was shown to be dead. They accused me of breaking it. The young man became abusive and threatening. I evicted him, completed my business with her and they left.

that same day they posted a bad review, in amongst all the five star reviews was this lonely little one star review. They accused me of breaking theor laptop.

It seems to me, this has no rhyme or reason to it. I began to think to was a scam, or an attempt at extortion. I wrote to them and asked them to take it down or I would take them to court.

I tried going to google to get them to remove it but i cannot see under which provision I could file a complain under. Google is a nightmare to navigate.

Im curious to know what I can do. I certainly cannot afford a lawyer. I would have to get a court order to get google or telstra (i have her phone number) to reveal who she is, but I don't know where to start.

any advice appreciated. thank you

Reactions: unique

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com