SA Who is in the wrong builder or developer?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Beyond peeved

23 October 2018
So approximately 5 weeks ago I put a deposit down with a well known builder for a house and land package (terrace home with approximately 8 others on the same development/ parcel of land) I've gone in once a fortnight to make adjustments to plans etc. Yesterday I went in to be told that the land I had put the deposit down on is no longer with the builder and that the developer that owns the whole housing estate has actually sold the land to another builder.
I've been offered another block by my current builder which is on the other side of the housing estate... sub standard compared to the views and location of the one I'd already put a deposit on, at this stage I don't want to take it.
Im not really sure what my question is I'm pretty confused how there was an arrangement between builder and developer for this land and then suddenly it no longer stands.
Am I within my rights to go to the developer and ask questions? What questions should I be asking? I really want this block but I'm worried the new builder will hike the price up... it's also crossed my mind that my builder has done a dodge somewhere and I'm going to get screwed out of the original block.
Any insight in to what I should be looking in to and what questions I should be asking would be great. Thanks

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Take the plans and contract to a lawyer for advice.