Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

NSW What Paperwork Should Dealer Provide Under Australian Consumer Law?

Discussion in 'Australian Consumer Law Forum' started by David Chang, 2 September 2016.

  1. David Chang

    David Chang Active Member

    31 August 2016
    Likes Received:
  2. Victoria S

    Victoria S Well-Known Member

    9 April 2014
    Likes Received:
    A car dealer is required to guarantee there is no money owing on the car. They must also disclose all relevant information about the car, such as whether it has had flood or hail damage, if there has been odometer interference, or if there has been major modifications that may impact your decision to purchase the car. In some situations a dealer is obliged to provide a dealer guarantee to repair any defects the vehicle might have after you buy (this is formerly known as a statutory warranty).

    Yes a contract of sale, and I would also say the vehicle safety inspection certificate as it is required to hold this at the time of sale. Since a dealer is required to guarantee that there is clear title to the car you shouldn't need to worry about the PPSR.
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page