WA What is the property manager allowed to do during a rental inspection?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

SWrenter

19 February 2021
I have been renting the same property for almost 3 years now. This is the second property that I have been a tenant in.
I have always found the rental inspections conducted by this real estate agent to be incredibly intrusive. After being present for the first one, I have always felt the need to be home during the inspections.
They open up almost every cupboard in the unit, look through and take photos inside.

I have read that in an article written by Jayde Walker (Ferguson) in in Nov 2015, they are only suppose to take photos and inspect what is in plain view and that is it against the privacy act to for them to look through cupboards, pantry and wardrobe.
Is this correct?

I cannot find any legal sources that discuss this issue at all.

Jenny453

8 December 2020
I have been renting the same property for almost 3 years now. This is the second property that I have been a tenant in.
I have always found the rental inspections conducted by this real estate agent to be incredibly intrusive. After being present for the first one, I have always felt the need to be home during the inspections.
They open up almost every cupboard in the unit, look through and take photos inside.

I have read that in an article written by Jayde Walker (Ferguson) in in Nov 2015, they are only suppose to take photos and inspect what is in plain view and that is it against the privacy act to for them to look through cupboards, pantry and wardrobe.
Is this correct?

I cannot find any legal sources that discuss this issue at all.
Hi, did you find anything same issue