QLD undated speeding fine

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Adam1user

5 January 2018
No... it may not be printed on the infringement, but now you can view the pictures, if taken by a speed camera and I'm sure you would see the date. If you are sure that you were not in that road or the location of the infringement and able to prove it, then you can dispute, otherwise, it would be a waste of time to dispute it and you would pay additional costs (court fees etc...) in addition to the infringement.

cowpoke

22 July 2020
Thanks, it was issued in person. Thought I'd try my luck, as it does state, to be paid within 28days from date of issue, but it doesn't have one..

Adam1user

5 January 2018
Thanks, it was issued in person. Thought I'd try my luck, as it does state, to be paid within 28days from date of issue, but it doesn't have one..

This is determined as clerical error and will not make the infringement void, you will pay it, if you elect to go to court, the action of speeding occurred therefore, you broke the law, so you will lose in court and pay as mentioned before, just pay it and go on with your life, if you dispute it, it will be your word against the police officer who issued, who do you think the magistrate would listen to?

Reactions: cowpoke

Oneman

7 September 2017
Hey Cowpoke,
Adam1user is quite right. If you contest it, it would be doubtful for you to have a win, even though back in the 'Good Ol Days' they would have wiped the ticket.
You have one option, if you don't have a traffic record. You can write a letter to the District Superintendent of Traffic asking that the ticket be waived and adding a lot of grovelling and remorse into the body of the letter. He might feel sorry for you. Maybe. But, if you're any more than 10 k/h over the limit and have ever had even one traffic offence, don't bother, because it's just going to cost you more money. In future, just keep the pedal off the metal.

Reactions: cowpoke