NSW Third Party Custody - Getting Married After Age of Consent?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
Status
Not open for further replies.

Damo4g

5 July 2018
Hi,

I have a quick question.

If a court has given third party custody of an under aged child to a person who is not family (mother's ex-partner) under the precedents of the child seeing the third party as a "father figure". Can the third party and the child get married when the child comes to the age of consent?

sammy01

27 September 2015
I hope not. Legally you are the parent of someone you want to marry... I hope not.

I am a stepdad. So when stepdaughter turns 18, I could leave my partner and marry stepchild. Gee whizz.

Google Woody Allen. Then read Lolita by Vladimir Nabakov.

How old is the child now?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
And I'm not prepared to answer on moral grounds. Someone who has just turned 18 doesn't have the maturity and life experience to make an informed decision.

Damo4g

5 July 2018
The child is now in her early thirties.
The grooming started at around 13 to 14 years of age. This is all the child knows as she was kept away from the world and only knows what she is told by this pedofile.

Rod. What do you mean not prepared to answer on moral grounds?

Damo4g

5 July 2018
Sammy. Had a quick look at the woody and lolita thing. That make two sick and twisted stories just like mine.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
I think it is an abuse of a parental relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.