WA Received no pay for 3.5 months workers compensation

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

91pajero

22 July 2018
Hi everyone back in 2014 i sliped in my car wash bay and ruptured my disc. I went to the doctors straight away which they confirmed. I didnt receive my weekly wages for 3.5 months. They ended up paying me in a lump sum which was heavily taxed i also didnt recive any overtime or pay outs i went it to horrible debt during that period and after as i had just purchased a brand new car threw them and was making no money. The employer kept saying they needed to see the footage and needed more time. I ended leaving for a new job as my back was taking a long time to heal so i went into retail part time just so i could make money to feed myself. I finally received my back pay .But was taxed nearly 50 percent so lost a good chunk till my tax return 5 months later . where do i stand can i fight this now nearly 4 years later ? Im in constant pain and need treatment and im unemployed and just gone off benefits. I put threw a workers compensation claim 2 weeks after the injury i dont know why They would not pay me i even begged!! The insurance company knew as i told them numerous times i havent received any payments

Owais

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
18 June 2018
Sydney, NSW
Hi 91pajero,

I can't give you any advice regarding the tax component of your query however you can claim for than just weekly wages if you are no longer able to work in your job due to work injury. Also, you may have Permanent Disability and income protection insurance cover via your Superannuation account which may be able to claim for as you mentioned you can no longer work due to your injury.

Feel free to get in touch if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards
Owais