Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

VIC Sucked into a Scam from Overseas - What to Do?

Discussion in 'Debt and Bankruptcy Law Forum' started by Taliana, 13 November 2015.

  1. Taliana

    Taliana Member

    13 November 2015
    Likes Received:

    I was scammed from overseas! I got a phone call from a company Banc De Binary from an "account manager" and opened an account with them. They offered me training and full guidance through the stock market. After I got sucked into this, they held me an hour "session", information which can be found on the internet as well and got me into the trade. They said whatever money I place in the mach it and do it together.

    I told them I have no experience and I needed their help while trading. The "account manager" said he will be with me! (to take my money!) He said he sends me signals via Skype and place the trades! He knew I'm a beginner, and he still persuaded me to go ahead and do it by myself.

    I LOST!

    During the trading, I placed the trades by myself and he rushed me saying "you need to go faster". I told him I am new to this. He threatened me to sue me for the loss of the "potential profit" he and his company lost, and now I have fine and penalty on the amount.

    Please Help!
    #1 Taliana, 13 November 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: 13 November 2015
  2. Therese

    Therese Well-Known Member

    11 October 2015
    Likes Received:
    Hi Tailana,

    What a terrible situation!

    Have you paid the fine and penalty on the amount yet?

    My suggestion is to report the scam to the ACCC. See Report a scam | Scamwatch

    Depending on what fees you have paid to them and the amount you have lost, you could try to get it back however it will be very difficult as the company is overseas. I would suggest not paying them anything further.

    The ACCC also has some ideas of where to get help.' See Where to get help | Scamwatch

    Furthermore you could contact a legal aid centre or a lawyer to see what they advise. See Get Connected with the Right Lawyer for You
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page