NSW Selling inheritance home

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Betty Eagle

20 March 2020
I am one of 3 executors/beneficiaries of my dad home. We all agreed that house will be sold by auction. The house did not achieve the reserved price of 1.95M but 1.86M. In the current climate it is a fair price for the house. Now 2 out of the 3 executors/beneficiaries refuse to discuss or negotiate the matter. One in particular refuses to sell. This is my inheritance too, what are my options to get my share?

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
Did it sell at that price on the hammer,
or was it passed in, with an offer made afterwards?

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
Owners?
I am slow to think that.
More likely, at this point, you are (still) acting as executor(s)?

Betty Eagle

20 March 2020
Sorry, I may have confused you, the house we inherited after dads death in December 2017, went through probate and the title deeds are in 3 names-
equal shares. We were supposed to sell in 2019 but unfortunately the other 2 parties were relectant to sell and therefore not active in preparing the house for sale. I am disabled and use a wheelchair, which makes life difficult. I could not do it on my own. We eventually prepared the house and signed a real estate agent to sell the house. The house was auctioned and did not reach the desired reserve of 1.95 M, it reached 1.86M, the difference of 90K which means 30K each. With the current market it is a fair price bu the 3rd party refuses to sell even though I offered her an extra 30K from my share. Please tell me what my legal options are to get out of this arrangement. there is no money owing on this house.