QLD Selling bubble tea in my shop

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Final Design Approval (FDA) for your tenancy which permits cold
drinks to be sold from the approved drinks fridge only.
If your lease doesn't refer to the FDA and the lease has a clause saying neither party relies on other representations then you have a good argument to continue.

Without reading the lease I can't say if my opinion, or Tim's is the better view.

kcsu

4 December 2020
Thanks Rod. I will take bubble tea off for now and keep negotiate with them. They now ask me to lodge a formal request for approval on bubble tea selling.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
They are reversing the onus. It is on them to show why you can't sell bubble tea.

Look at invoking the dispute clause in your lease.

kcsu

4 December 2020
They are reversing the onus. It is on them to show why you can't sell bubble tea.

Look at invoking the dispute clause in your lease
Thanks Rod. At the beginning they said bubble tea is Taiwanese drink and not suppose to sell in sushi shop. I told them in lease there is no such limitation. Then they say the FDA didn't allow us to make drink on-site, only can sell prepacked drinks.
I now requested approval from them, still waiting for their response. If they denied, I will ask them which clause in the lease won't allow me to sell.