NSW Right of way obstruction and abuse

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Ash.Hendo

2 January 2024
I have a right of way over the property between my property and the closest street which I have used without issue for over 15 years. Lately a new person has purchased this property and has begun verballty abusing anyone other than us using the driveway and abusing us if we talk to him about it. He puts up signs on the road saying "private property - no access". Our visitors are to scared to come to our place any more, deliveries are turned away, essential services like garbage collection don't happen anymore as everyone is concerned about their safety as the person is clearly unhinged and screams abuse at the top of his voice.

The main issue issue (from his perspective) is his porch extends about 50cm into the right of way and sometimes the wheels of people coming down the right of way go onto it and crack the tiles.

The prevous owner didn't worry and left cracked tiles there, the new owner replaced the tiles with new ones the day he moved in and the Garbage truck broke them the next day.....

What should my next steps be? I've given him a copy of the right of way and he keeps giving me an "easement" document that says he controls the land (just a print out from the web, not a legal document).