VIC Respondent Applying for Revocation Of Personal Safety Intervention Order - Suggestions?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Alexandra W

31 August 2015
Hi,

I had a final personal safety intervention order granted by the courts approximately 3 weeks. The respondent (not a family member or relative) did not attend court. I have just been served with notice that he has put in an application to revoke the order.

I am due to attend court again in a couple of weeks and wanted to know what the likelihood of a final order being revoked are? I have kept a good record of my evidence including emails, phone call records and text messages and believe that my safety is at great risk if this is revoked.

I am nervous about attending and having to face this person again and believe this is another opportunity for them to try and intimidate me etc. Does anyone have any suggestions for attending this next hearing?

Kind Regards.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
To the best of my knowledge, I don't think it's at all common practice for the court to revoke protection orders on a whim. I think the respondent would need to show a change in circumstances to justify the order being revoked, and I'm not sure what reason that could be after three weeks?

If you have evidence the respondent continues to be a threat, then hopefully, it won't be revoked.