VIC Property manager asking for a re-clean after a lengthy period of time?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

dwilliams92

3 February 2021
Hi Everyone,

For a bit of background, I returned the keys to the property on the 13th of Jan 2021, with the lease ending on the 17th Jan 2021. The property was professionally cleaned and receipt was provided to the property manager.

The property manager did not complete the outgoing inspection till today (03 Feb) until after I reminded him, and identified a few issues such as some stains in the bathroom, balcony being slightly dusty etc.

I am planning on disputing this, due to the fact that most of the items are 'fair wear and tear', as well as the property manager stating things like the 'balcony is slightly dirty' (which is due to the lengthy time the property manager took to undertake the inspection - and the balcony was professionally cleaned), and marks on the wall - which were there when I moved in and indicated on the condition report.

I sent him an email yesterday explaining that he had already passed the bond inspection timeframe of 10 days in VIC, thus he should release the bond anyway. However he sent the condition report today (a day after)

How, and what is the best way for me to approach this with the property manager? Should I explain to the property manager only that the ten working day period has passed, or should I also mention that I reject his condition report due to wear and tear, etc...

Thanks so much for your advice as always!

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Do both.

Also read this.