Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

VIC Property Investment - Agreement Changed without My Knowledge?

Discussion in 'Property Law Forum' started by Antoni, 9 September 2015.

  1. Antoni

    Antoni Member

    9 September 2015
    Likes Received:
    I am new to this forum and need some help. I had purchased a property investment through Yale Property Solutions and was charged $2000 as booking fee. I had made it very clear to them that I wanted the property in mine and my son's name and the original agreement had both our names on the agreement.

    Subsequently a year later, Yale forced me to sign a new agreement saying only the payment terms were changed. But I saw that they had made this agreement into and/or nominee. When questioned they said that I would not need my son to sign and it was all ok. I even offered to take the docs home to get my son's signature on the agreement, but was declined by the sales person saying they needed to file the papers urgently. Please note that I did not have any meeting scheduled with the sales person nor was I informed about this. The sales person came along with the finance guy whom I was trying to organise my loan. This was just sprung up on me.

    While settling for the property in Dec. 2014, I was surprised to have been charged $330 as nomination fees and in my mind there was no nomination. Being a single mother it has been tough for me to organise funds. I have asked Yale many times about the nomination but I received no response in writing. I have paid them their booking fee deducting $330 from the total of $2000. I have had threatening calls from them and now have received a lawyer's notice to pay or else I will be sued.

    Would appreciate if someone can help me as I have no capacity to organise a lawyer and more so I am jobless and am in real difficulty at the moment. Also underwent an operation and have lost my voice.
  2. Therese

    Therese Well-Known Member

    11 October 2015
    Likes Received:
    Hi Antoni,

    Sounds like you have been unfairly treated and I can see that it would be a frustrating situation!

    You probably have a time period in which to respond to the lawyer's notice that you received. I would suggest getting advice on your options ASAP.

    Perhaps contacting a local Legal Aid Centre or try to get in contact with Consumer Affairs Victoria. They should be able to assist you with your rights and whether you can challenge the actions of Yale Property Investments.

    Hope this helps!
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page