SA Process to Legally Remove Possessions Stored on My Property

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

RaMc

8 January 2020
Hi there

I am looking for some advice on the process to follow to legally remove possessions stored at my home.

For some years now, a neighbour has been storing car parts and bodies on a regional property that I own. My deceased husband agreed she could store the motor parts and bodies initially in the large garage but this grew to the car port and then the back yard. He has since passed away and for over a year I have been asking her to remove her property from my home. While she has removeed and tidied some she is a very long way away from removing everything. She has been given numerous deadlines and always has a reason why she has not met them and moved the stuff out. This is impacting on my ability to use my garage, car port and backyard.

I would like all the property to be removed immediately.

My questions are:

1) What process should I follow to give her a final notice to remove the property?
2) I will put the request in writing, but what would be considered a reasonable deadline for removal?
3) How can I legally dispose of her property? Sell it or take to dump for example.
4) Is she responsible for the cost of the disposal?

Thank you.

RaMc