QLD Prime Minister Tony Abbott - Citizenship Constitution Problem?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
13 September 2014
Some of you may have heard of the social media discussions about the prime minsters British citizenship and his refusal to release the renunciation details from the British Home Office.
Is there any way to get the Prime Minister to release the form or letter regarding his renunciation of British citizenship through a subpoena or does some sort of legal action have to take place first? If he hasnt renounced his British citizenship before entering parliament in 1994 he may be guilty of fraud but no one will know until he releases the document. He worked for quite a few high profile politicians before entering parliament so not knowing the constitutional law would be no excuse for not renouncing his British citizenship.

Any thoughts on how to get him to release the forms? I have tried FOI but at the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet his Chief of Staff (Peta Credlin) became the FOI clerk and she even told me she would refuse access before I even lodged an FOI request. In the UK the Foreign Office stepped in and told the Home Office not to release the form, to use a neither confirm nor deny response. I have tried getting the Attorney General to investigate the matter, but he doesn't seem to be able to work email, no response. ditto from my local MP, he just blocked me on facebook and refuses to answer any emails.

A lot of information is on http://tonymagrathea.blog.com/2014/06/21/tony-abbott/

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
With FOI blocked and the Attorney General and Federal police not performing their proper roles, court looks like the only option left.

This raises additional issues about whether or not the Attorney General is fit to do his job and whether the Federal Police can be taken to task for failing to investigate a serious allegation.

13 September 2014
I asked the High court and their response was go to legal aid. I really dont think the matter is a legal aid matter :) Can I ask a court to have him produce that document or must I start proceedings against him?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
You need a constitutional lawyer - Geoffrey Robertson?? He likes high profile cases.

hlly

12 August 2014
There is no serious allegation here and this is a conspiracy theory. Don't waste the court's time, or that of the police.

dickybeacholdalbion

12 June 2014
Tony Abbott was born in England to a British father which gives him automatic British citizenship.
He applied for and got Australian citizenship in 1981 to satisfy the rules of the Rhodes Scholarship and Trust
He entered parliament in 1994 and at 7 subsequent elections.

In October 2014 his Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet declared in an FOI request that his renunciation of British citizenship papers do not exist.

For electoral law the matter has to be decided within 30 days and by lodging with the high court.

As he signed a declaration at each election for the Electoral Commission stating he was eligible to stand for parliament and specifically that he complied with section 44 of the constitution this could be construed as fraud.

I have a report of this with the AFP but they seem very reluctant to do anything. Commissioner Colvin has been promised the homeland Security job when that becomes available and a possible knighthood with it. Mr Abbott sleeps in the AFP dormitory and they are known for being reluctant to act against one of their own unless an incredibly serious crime, or media push them. The governor generals office wont even respond to my emails I guess his knighthood is worth fighting for. The Attorney General is an Oxford mate of Abbott and a party member and refuses to reply to my emails about the possible crime. A friend in Attorney General department said the department can only act if the AG tells them to in a political crime such as this. I believe several state police forces are examining LNP members for failing to report a possible crime to them, it the possible fraud crimes. Most of the cabinet is being investigated because concerned individuals have asked them about the crime, been ignored and informed their state police forces about breaches of the crimes act.

So how does an individual press fraud charges against another individual?
can it be done?
I call Abbott a criminal fraud in as many places as possible in the hope he tries a gag order because I can then go to court, prove he has committed fraud and have the court lay charges.

The Home Office in the UK have FOI laws which insist they say "neither confirm nor deny" when questions are asked which start their privacy legislation. I have written to the UK Supreme Court and several pro bono legal organisations in the UK asking about a writ of mandamus but again emails are just ignored. Hand written letters and phone calls are ignored.

How do I get charges laid? or how do I have police at least investigate the possibility of charges?

A copy of the complaint to eh AFP is here:- http://tonymagrathea.blogspot.com.au/2014/11/a-copy-of-report-to-afp-141114.html It has links to the FOI report and other documentation