NSW Potential unfair dismissal

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Millie_Punch

13 June 2020
I have direct emails of the request and of the subsequent withdrawal of shifts in the immediate following email.
I also have screenshots of the social media posts indicating someone else holding my position. I also have a text message asking for the return of my keys.

I have sent an email asking for clarification on my employment status and have heard nothing so far.

The position I held was not just a job, it was the beginning of a career in an industry that is quite difficult to get into unless you start your own business.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Hard to know whether you should go down the unfair dismissal path or the GP path or down the COVID-19 path.

If you want your job back, then use COVID-19 rules at the FWC.

GP claims are notoriously hard to win and can be expensive.

Unfair dismissals require an application within 21 days.

I'd go to the FWC for a breach of the COVID-19 rules.

Jenny453

8 December 2020
Are you still employed? Did you receive any work after job keeper stopped? If someone replaced you it would be difficult to understand why you were on jobkeeper, did the employer inform you of any changes to the structure of work? Do you have any feelings that they didn't want you for any reason?

Poidah

9 November 2017
Qld
Are you still employed? Did you receive any work after job keeper stopped? If someone replaced you it would be difficult to understand why you were on jobkeeper, did the employer inform you of any changes to the structure of work? Do you have any feelings that they didn't want you for any reason?
Yes it would be great to get a follow up on this case and find out what happened to him.