QLD Parking fee when no parking available.

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Ralph

27 July 2019
I am mobility disabled and have a Mobility Parking Permit. I can drive, it is walking that is my major problem. I recently went to an appointment at a public hospital. There is a "parking station" on hospital property, but operated by a separate company. I understood that I had to pay for parking there - and drove in. They had a number of parking places reserved for people with disabilities but none were available. There were "other" places - but much too far away for me to walk. So I went to drive out. An argument then ensued with the car park operator because he insisted that I pay their fee even though I had not been able to park. It was clear that they would not open the gate to let me out until I paid. So - I paid. Is that legal? It looks like a "fee for no service" situation to me.

sammy01

27 September 2015
That sounds terrible... Mate I've heard of people on this site having their car towed / clamped and forced to pay huge fees to get their car back. Seems to me that these parking companies are a law unto themselves.

I'm sure you can find a phone number, I'd call them / find a website and request a refund and highlight how badly you were treated... Maybe something will come of it... Failing that I think it would be more stress than it is worth with these crazy cats.