VIC P - plate speeding fine

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Bonzai1234

6 March 2018
Hi there,

Recently I recieved a 4 demerit point, $400 ish fine and a one month suspension of driving for going 25 over the limit. However the car I was driving was a family members and therefor they have recieved the fine. When they nominate that it was me driving will I recieve the same penalty considering I am a green p- plater or will it possibly be a harsher suspension?
Thanks

Adam1user

5 January 2018
Does the owner of the vehicle have full licence? if so, and sorry to give you the bad news, the penalties/infringements for P-Platers are harsher, you can see that on the web or just ask a police officer?

I am older now and I used to speed I was in my 20s and I still do love speed but I don't speed, last infringement was 10 years ago (less than 10k/h), but from an older guy to you, a good advice: don't speed, speed does kill, if you don't kill yourself, you will hurt someone for sure,

take some time to yourself and think as if you run down someone and had been become disabled, how would you feel? how can you manage your life knowing you were cause of this accident and for a worthless reason. I am sure if you do this, you will benefit,

Good luck.

Clancy

6 April 2016
Does the owner of the vehicle have full licence? if so, and sorry to give you the bad news, the penalties/infringements for P-Platers are harsher, you can see that on the web or just ask a police officer?

I am older now and I used to speed I was in my 20s and I still do love speed but I don't speed, last infringement was 10 years ago (less than 10k/h), but from an older guy to you, a good advice: don't speed, speed does kill, if you don't kill yourself, you will hurt someone for sure,

take some time to yourself and think as if you run down someone and had been become disabled, how would you feel? how can you manage your life knowing you were cause of this accident and for a worthless reason. I am sure if you do this, you will benefit,

Good luck.

In order for the owner to nominate you, they would need to have reasonable evidence it was you driving otherwise the fine bounces back to them if you denied it. If the owner decided to pay the fine and not bother to nominate you because of lack of evidence, don't forget they will have extra insurance costs for three years as well as the up front cost of the fine! Although i don't get why they would need to nominate you since i assume the police already know it was you driving??