WA My Ex Is only allow me 6hr once a week to see my son

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

sammy01

27 September 2015
Apply to court. Remember, you are paying the solicitor. You tell them what to do. Sure they can and should advise you. But ultimately, you need to tell solicitor that this letter writing is going nowhere. Her solicitor doesn't respond because her solicitor is taking advice form HER.... So you're wasting money on those letters and she isn't.

Change the dynamic.

Apply to court and all of a sudden she is gonna be answerable to a judge who isn't gonna be impressed with supervised visits.

By the way - why supervised visits? Well she knows that without court orders if she gave you the kid, you could keep him and refuse to hand him back. But with supervised visits you can't do that. I would advise against it anyways. But my point is she is working the system. Time for you to start working the system. Apply to court.

Lenny

1 March 2021
I had supervisise visits because she made accusation against me that my son is scared of me but after the report for the 8 supervised visits report showed that i have a very close relationship with my son and that he is very affectionate towards me ,it has been now also 2 months and I am on unsupervised visits but only 6hrs ,but the ICL said that she doesnt support sleep over straight away but will support something in term 2/3 but she was very vague ,ICL said the "parties should be working towards that " what i don't understand is how can we work toward that when my ex won't even do the basic like let me know when my son has a medical appt.

Atticus

6 February 2019
but the ICL said that she doesnt support sleep over straight away but will support something in term 2/3 but she was very vague ,ICL said the "parties should be working towards that "
So you have an active case in progress with the Federal Circuit or family court?
What is your next scheduled court date?
Do you have interim orders? ... If so, what do they say regarding time spent with your boy?.... Is mum abiding by those interim orders?

Lenny

1 March 2021
yes i have a active case but there is no interim orders and my next court date is a directions hearing ,Mum is only allow me the 6hrs and nothing else .But My old lawyer has failed to highlight the comments and concerns with the ICL . I am at a loss to what to do ,my old lawyer just seem to go along with what the ICL says and doesn't seem to argue the piont.

Atticus

6 February 2019
yes i have a active case but there is no interim orders
Seems very unusual that an ICL has been appointed but there are no interim orders... I think your first step is to establish some affective communication with your lawyer. The lawyer should be able to clarify what exactly the ICL is meaning etc.

Have you got a friend or family member you can take along with you at your next meeting with lawyer? That may help if you are struggling to understand what’s happening. That person can even accompany you into court as what’s called a Mackenzie friend to help & support you

gunnerzzzz

8 March 2020
It is funny you say that because she will let me have more days but not sleep over,but I have been close to my son and we have a bond so he is asking to have sleep overs but have more days is good but it would be 150 a day so if I see him 3 day is 450 because of the supervised hand over . I don't know what to do spent the 600 go.to court or do the extra day ,but she said it by a phone to the supervisor and the supervisor ask to send her a.text.to what she said the supervisor didn't get any reply
Definately after money. Child support family tax benefit work off nights as overnight care is designated more costly.

Lenny

1 March 2021
the ICL had agreed to over night stay( ICL said in her statement " I have no issue with the father to provide a safe environment for his son on over night stay") but my ex still didn't want and brought up the allegation( Domestic violence : Mental and Financial abuse. which is not true as I have reciepts and pictures of us going to dinner and paying for her dental work) which she said that my son is scared of me but after 14 visits supervised handover and 10 supervised with a report saying that my son adore me and that the supervisor can see that I am a great dad and that me and my son have a very close relationship . I have a interim Hearing and have sort spared care by Xmas 50/50 but worried that I might not get it. What can I say and do to get this .