WA Mandatory penalty and instant disqualified learner

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Pixie

6 September 2018
Stupidly I was caught driving 2 streets from my house without supervision (not something I do normally) and was told by the officer it's mandatory to lose licence for 3 months and now disqualified. I didn't know that it was an instant loss of licence. No drugs, alcohol or any other traffic issue just a stupid mistake as I was booked to sit Ps in a couple weeks.

• Is this correct? I can't seem to find much info about this just the possible fine amount and as there was no alcohol/drugs involved what I can find doesn't seem to apply to my situation,
• As a novice it says that if I was to be disqualified that it actually turns into a cancellation and I would have to sit my learners again?
• I'm in my 30's and I've had my learners licence on and off for many years in different states with no infringements ever and held it for about 18 months currently so could they have taken points off me instead?
• I suffer from mental illnesses and already the idea of going to court is impacting on me if I got a lawyer could they represent me without me having to be there?

After recently leaving a very violent/controlling relationship for over a decade I was able to buy my first car ever a few months ago and finally about to gain some independence again for my child and I and join the workforce again, have I blown my chances or is there something I can do or do I have wait it out?