QLD Is this legal, can I do this

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Samanthaxx

26 January 2019
I'm orderd to do a paternity test by the courts, my question is before I do the test I have to fill out a form for the dna testing place it ask for my number and address and email can I use a third party such as family member or friends ADRESS and phone number so the other party doesn't get my details,

Scruff

25 July 2018
NSW
No you can't. Filling out the form in this case is part of your compliance with a court order, therefore providing any false information will more than likely constitute an offence.

sammy01

27 September 2015
I would be very surprised NOPE shocked if the organisation doing the test would release any information to the other party. I don't think you should fudge the address etc.

Samanthaxx

26 January 2019
I hope that's the case because we both have to fill out the form for testing to occur the other party has already filled there part of form out and I received a copy from lawyers and there details were on it address and all so how could I prevent them from seeing my part if form

Scruff

25 July 2018
NSW
Have asked your lawyer about it? What did they say?