VIC Interim IVO applicant blatant lies

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
5 October 2020
My ex has placed Interim IVO May 28th, 2020, on me after I attended his flat to pick up child. I recorded the complete 'incident' in which there is no violence, yelling, threatening or physical interaction, damage to property. There was a mention that I remotely stated I would contest , and that date is 21 April, 2021. So he has effectively given me a 12m IVO, while I cannot contest it.
I am having the audio transcribed and want to know what steps I can take.
I am disappointed as this means he will be able to ignore any communication regarding child issues. He has blatantly lied on affidavits, court documents etc, with events, dates, amounts of money etc constantly changing.
I have tried to ignore most of this, but the more I attempt to move on, the more he keeps trying to drag me back into communication that is not relevant to parenting issues. This happened when we had mutual IVO and I mentioned his name in electronic messages (2) and had 12 m bond.
I need to ensure that he ceases making these allegations and the only way now, after realising ignoring wont work - is to follow up and provide factual evidence of his lying.
My Family Law rep stated that I would be best to have this handled by separate legal representation - they only do family law.
Please help me.

sammy01

27 September 2015
accept without admission.
why?
Well (fact check this because Im more familar with NSW IVO's). The thing is backdated to the time of application. It will expire 28th May 2021. IF you fight it you will have an adjournment in April, the thing will drag on and you will effectively have a longer IVO on you than if you accepted without admission.
OR - defend it. But here is why that is stupid.
1. It is gonna cost $$$. Clearly you're still involved in family law. Use your money in family law court not fighting the ivo.
2. It isn't gonna change the way he ignores communication regarding child issues.
3. You're fueling the drama. Accept without admission and walk away. That is how you ignore CRAZY...
4. Given the threshold for ivo's is so insanely low - you just might lose. How smug will that make him?
5. Look at all the useless negative emotional energy this is using up.

Final piece of advice to prevent further vexatious allegations. Meet at Macca's. Meet somewhere public. That will make it harder for him to make stuff up.

Reactions: need to move on
5 October 2020
accept without admission.
why?
Well (fact check this because Im more familar with NSW IVO's). The thing is backdated to the time of application. It will expire 28th May 2021. IF you fight it you will have an adjournment in April, the thing will drag on and you will effectively have a longer IVO on you than if you accepted without admission.
OR - defend it. But here is why that is stupid.
1. It is gonna cost $$$. Clearly you're still involved in family law. Use your money in family law court not fighting the ivo.
2. It isn't gonna change the way he ignores communication regarding child issues.
3. You're fueling the drama. Accept without admission and walk away. That is how you ignore CRAZY...
4. Given the threshold for ivo's is so insanely low - you just might lose. How smug will that make him?
5. Look at all the useless negative emotional energy this is using up.

Final piece of advice to prevent further vexatious allegations. Meet at Macca's. Meet somewhere public. That will make it harder for him to make stuff up.
What will accepting without admission do with 12m bond? I accepted just to make it go away. Will his new one affect bond?
It does make him smug knowing he has me running around doing stuff - he has left all property settlement matters (house sale, account closures, transfer of debts to him). He would not even chose a real estate agent.
I know I am best to keep money as he is draining me and I know it. I have a RIsk Hearing in FLC due to his drug use and lack of parenting on 20th Oct. all to ICL and my side. So no work need as this is not my circus and I have little knowledge of this.
I meet at police station, don't have son in car, as last time we drove I 'kidnapped' our 15 yo son, much to my surprise a week later when I was told this by letter.

sammy01

27 September 2015
accept without admission shouldn't impact 12 month good behavour bond.
I don't understand the stuff about you kidnapping the 15 yr old. Maybe some more explanation required.
BUT
BUT - you meet at the cop shop to pick up / drop off the kid? so why were you at his place? to pick up the child? but you pick up the child from the cop shop>

Appleton - I agree some of those app's are good but only if both parents agree to use them.