QLD I lost $60,000 to online scammers. I have their bank account details.

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

NeedHelp77

4 December 2022
I lost $60,000 to online scammers. They transferred $60,000 from my account to theirs over a few transactions.
I have their name and Pay ID, as well as their Bank Account details.

I searched on google and found out (but I could be wrong) that I could apply to the Court to get an order for the bank to release and give me the account holder details. Once I get their details, I could then apply to the court etc.

Do you know which form I must use to apply to the court and get an order for the bank to release the scammers contact details? mainly the address I am after.

Thank you

Adam1user

5 January 2018
You could, I think, there is nothing sto
I lost $60,000 to online scammers. They transferred $60,000 from my account to theirs over a few transactions.
I have their name and Pay ID, as well as their Bank Account details.

I searched on google and found out (but I could be wrong) that I could apply to the Court to get an order for the bank to release and give me the account holder details. Once I get their details, I could then apply to the court etc.

Do you know which form I must use to apply to the court and get an order for the bank to release the scammers contact details? mainly the address I am after.

Thank you
You could, there is nothing stopping you, but will that help? scammers are not dumb or stupid, those accounts would be worthless by the time you report it and get the order, sorry to give you the bad news, but it will be worthless, but don't take my word for it. Go and do it, don't leave anything without trying, you lost $60k which is not a bit of change. Good luck.